December 01, 2008

I.N.S.O.M.N.I.A

INSOMNIA

I have been suffering from sleep disorder for the last one year. This sleep disorder actually a little bit strange. I call it insomnia, although I’m not really sure whether it’s really insomnia or not. I am used to sleep around 10 or 11 at night, but then I will always automatically awake around 1 or 2 am, and sleepless until the time for praying subuh. At first, I didn’t understand why it is always hard to sleep every night. I feel very sleepy and obviously want to sleep, but strangely my eyes won’t be closed. Seems like they rejecting my will to sleep. Sometimes this sleep disorder is advantageous when I need to stay up late in the night to do some assignments. Nevertheless, it is really sucks because I will get sleepy later in the morning while I’m sitting in the class.

I have read some articles about sleep disorders, especially insomnia. I’ve tried the tips given on the articles, but still didn’t work. I am not used to sleeping at noon, but I will still awake in the middle of the night. I sleep earlier, but then I will still wake up too early at 1 am as usual. I have read on an article, the one of the causal factors of insomnia is the atmosphere at the bedroom. It mentioned that people will easily fall asleep if the atmosphere at the bedroom supporting them to sleep. It suggest not to making bedroom as a place to do work or other things but sleeping. But how could I do? Since I’m living in dormitory, I only have a small room to live. I am sleeping, eating, and doing my tasks at the bedroom because it’s the only room provided for me. I think it’s the most conceivable reason why I get the sleep disorder.

The atmosphere of my room doesn’t support me to sleep. It’s already proven on my last semester holiday. I spent the two months holiday in my home town. At home, I’m able to do my activities at the separate rooms. Sleeping at the bed room, eating at the dining room, working or studying at the other room, and strangely I didn’t have sleep disorder at all! I got sleep easily, even at the earlier time than usual, and I never wake up at midnight anymore. At that time, I thought my insomnia was already cured. I thought I get the sleep disorder just because of homesick, but I was wrong! When I went back to the dorm after the holiday ended, I get the sleep disorder again. Well, I think this insomnia won’t be end as long as I live in this kind of small room.

[ * take a deep breath * ]

T_T

No comments: